Saturday, 7 September 2013

2000 i-D

You may have already seen this on Rich Johnston's, Bleeding Cool site the other day, but if not, I'll explain what it's all about.

In September 1991 I created the fake Megapolitan cover for the back of the Judge Dredd Megazine, starring Sophie Aldred and with cover lines by David Bishop. 

This was published, but there were also a couple of variant homages to my favourite magazines, i-D and Vogue that I recently discovered the roughs for. I decided to recreate them as they were originally intended, using the photos I took of Sophie at the time and the original analogue typesetting galleys. With the help of ex-Tharg John Tomlinson who created the snappy cover lines, I’ve had these printed up for the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...