Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Up The Junction



Anyone who likes films from the 1960's would really appreciate this one. I watched it last night for the first time since I saw it on a black & white tv as a kid. I had no idea it looked so good. It gets a 7.0 score on IMDB and deservedly so.





I've posted this before but it's worth posting again. Below: from my bookshelf; a 1966 copy of Up The Junction by Nell Dunn with one of my favourite book cover illustrations from the period. Unfortunately there's no artist credit.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like John Burns to me? http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/0/77/1810795-hell_and_high_water_05_stor.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I mentioned that the first time I posted it, but I also thought the Barbarella poster was by John. When I asked him at Bristol last year he said it wasn't. That painterly style was pretty popular in the 60's, so who knows. Strange that there's no credit in the book though.

      Delete

Your comments are very welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...