Friday, 21 September 2012

September 1985

My own take on the tabloid style magazine cover. This was one of the last Starburst covers that I designed for Marvel UK. The cover text was by the editor, Cefn Ridout who I worked with on Manga Mania a few years down the line. The next time I used this trick was for the 'Super Soaraway' issue of 2000AD with Alan McKenzie, which I've already written about before, but because of its relevance will post here again anyway. I've always been pleased at the longevity of the Starburst logo. It survived the transition to the new publishers and lasted another 24 years until the magazine closed in 2009. It's interesting to note that in those pre-computer days, Richard Starkings of the now famous Comicraft company was the guy I commissioned to hand-draw it from my original design and a very fine job he made of it too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...