Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Barbi Doll

From 1970: Spot the rabbit! Another great vintage Playboy cover with minimal cover lines. Art directed by Arthur Paul, Photographed by Dwight Hooker and modelled by Barbi Benton, previously known as Barbara Klein and featured in an editorial entitled Barbi Doll.



The first I knew of Barbi Benton was when I saw her starring as a country singer in a tv cop show called McCloud. I watched the show when I was in Canada in 1976 and subsequently bought the album from a store in Toronto. I didn't know about the Playboy connection at the time, or the fact that she was Hugh Hefner's main squeeze and I remember feeling slightly bemused by what she was wearing on the back cover of the album sleeve. Now of course it all makes total sense. I still have the album and here it is. Check the 70's logo on her T... (click for large)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...