Sunday, 15 July 2012

Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66, 77, 2012


Last night, out of the blue I was given a couple of tickets to see Sergio Mendes and Brasil 2012 at the O2 (formally the Millennium Dome) which, luckily for Michelle and I is only 10 minutes away. This is a rather fuzzy shot from the camera phone, but it shows the atmosphere of the gig; everyone was up and out of their seats. I hadn't seen them play since they were Sergio Mendes & Brasil 77, so the tickets were a real bonus for a rainy Saturday night! I'm posting the covers of a couple of favourite albums that my parents played constantly in the house in the 60's and early 70's and that I've been playing ever since, though Equinox is on that quaint old media known as 'cassette'! Here they are being introduced as 'a new sound' by Eartha Kitt on her Something Special show from 1967.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...