Tuesday, 19 June 2012

1976

I just got back from seeing the remastered JAWS at the cinema. What a masterpiece! and it looks so clean and sharp now. Seeing this film again reminded me of the first time I saw it in Ontario, Canada during the winter of 1976. I remember it was winter 'cause we were snowed in when we left the cinema to drive back home. It also jogged my memory into remembering what I was listening to at the time and it was this. Heart were pretty big in Canada by this time and Dreamboat Annie was the album, featuring the incredible Wilson sisters. For some reason I never really liked them much in the mid-eighties when they made a sort of comeback, but there's something about Dreamboat Annie that still does it for me, especially Crazy on You 2.40 minutes in. That girl sure can play guitar!


Oh, and this is what shopping malls looked like back then. I took this in Toronto...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...