Friday, 13 April 2012

Boy, Have We Got A Vacation For You!

One of my favourite films of the 70's. As kids, me and my pals managed to sneak back into the cinema after the first screening to watch it all over again. Below is the trailer to the film itself and another clip featuring Fred Karlin's original score. Next up is the track 'Just Give'em Whiskey' by Colourbox, one of my favourite groups of the 80's. This track heavily samples excerpts from Westworld and the The Prisoner tv show. Colourbox also utilised the talents of one of the best sleeve designers of the period, Vaughan Oliver.




'Baby I Love You So' - Another Colourbox classic. Check the Escape From New York samples!

4 comments:

  1. 'This boy needs his momma'...

    Remember seeing this years ago on Videodrome for the first time. Perfect little movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you there on all counts. I (almost) made an animation to Colourbox music at college. Shame their World Cup Theme didn't work out. Couldn't get enough of 4AD. A friend suggested I bought so much just for Vaughan Oliver's designs – not the case, apart from one 12". Yup, and Westworld is brilliant. Never tire of watching it. Great casting of Yul Brynner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing of theirs I couldn't get to grips with was the World Cup Theme. Pump up the Volume (as M/A/R/R/S) was great!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...