Friday, 10 February 2012

GO APE!



My girlfriend Michelle, bought me this rather tantalising item for Christmas. I say tantalising, because I'm itching to open it, but the reality of the situation is, that it's been hermetically sealed since 1974, and I fear that the slightest hint of oxygen will turn it to dust. Either that or I'll turn it over and it'll start going "Mama, Mama" and want to be returned to The Forbidden Zone. What's a boy to do? It's one hell of a dilemma!

I looked it up online and found it on the Planet of the Apes Wikia, which I had no idea existed. It says, "Published by Power Records, this comic book is an adaptation of the 1973 film Battle for the Planet of the Apes. As part of Power Records 'Book And Record' format, the set includes a 45 rpm record disk, which narrates the illustrated text inside the comic via a soundtrack and dialogue recording. The sound recording was also included in a 33 rpm compilation combining all four Arthur P. Jacobs films adapted by Power Records."

6 comments:

  1. You might find this website of use Steve.

    http://pota.goatley.com/powerrecords.html

    Ade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! That solves the dilemma perfectly. Thanks, Ade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christ on a bike, that's a bolt from my childhood! I had the 'Planet of the Apes' comic and disc (although it somehow fell into my hands about 15 years after it came out originally). If you find out they're worth a few hundred keep it to yourself as it's long disappeared into the Negative Zone along with my near complete set of Star Wars figures from the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything 'Star Wars' from the 80's is probably majorly collectable now. It's a drag when things vaporise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve, I have all 4 of these comics with the records if you want to 'handle' them some time

    ReplyDelete
  6. But of course... why did I not think to ask the man who harbours every vinyl disc in the known Universe :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...