Friday, 16 December 2011

"This Man...This (Purple) Monster!"

I found another intriguing item today; The Fantastic Four - A Full Colour Comic Album. The only problem is, that the 'full' colours are completely and utterly wrong! The rather naive cover also mentions that this is an 'Authorised edition'... really? I can't imagine Marvel ever agreeing to a purple Thing, a blue Human Torch or a Blue Surfer for that matter. Having said that, I obviously kept it for a reason and it certainly wasn't the cover. 

There is actually something quite fascinating about seeing such classic Kirby & Sinnott artwork with a totally nuts, colour scheme. I'm going to post a few excerpts from this and I'm sure you'll get my drift...

2 comments:

  1. Looks to me like someone possibly got the plates in the wrong order on the press?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...